Event Coordinator Job Description
The MN Cider Guild (MNCG), a non-profit organization, seeks an Event Coordinator. The position is seasonal and its periods of activity correspond with our primary public-facing events: Cider Week in June; the State Fair in August; and the Cider Fair/Cider Days in October.
The responsibilities of the Event Coordinator may include some or all of the following:
- Coordinate activities of individuals and committees
- Communicate with the Board, committee chairs, and others
- Coordinate with site hosts
- Arrange volunteers for events
- Create a print program by consulting with others on design, content, and printing
- Administer ticket sales
- Coordinate suppliers (for example, of glasses, t-shirts, food trucks, and so on)
The successful applicant must possess the following skills:
- Strong organizational and managerial abilities
- The ability to see the big picture, but also to keep track of details
- The ability to work with individuals who possess a diversity of perspectives.
- The ability to interpret the vision of the MNCG and implement it with good judgment without needing constant direction.
- Previous management experience
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- An interest in cider, winemaking, or agriculture
- Demonstrated success in a similar position
The position has some flexibility based on the applicants’ strengths and availability. Compensation will be commensurate with mutually-agreed upon responsibilities.
Send your resume to the MN Cider Guild at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2.